Pre-Collections Coordinator (Full Time, First Shift)
Compensation: $50,560.00 - $78,130.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Pre-Collections Coordinator is responsible for training and coordination of the activities of the pre-collections team for the Single Business Office (SBO) which includes hospital and physician billing self-pay balances. Responsible to ensure patient satisfaction while capturing optimal reimbursement and cash flow in accordance with Federal and state requirements and all third party billing contracts. Responsible for assisting staff in the management of the accounts receivable while optimizing payments from third party payers and patients alike. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Works with the Manager, Pre Collections in the screening of prospective candidates.
- Provides guidance and/or assists Pre Collection Specialists in communicating with patients via direct outbound calls and the inbound Automatic Call Distribution system (ACD).?
- Coordinates the receipt of incoming calls from patients in a timely and expeditious fashion, in attempt to optimize cash flow while representing SLUHN in a positive fashion.? This includes assisting with and evaluating charity care and payment plan arrangements.
- Assists in the prioritization of work for the respective Pre Collections team.
- Works with Pre Collections Specialists ensuring they are able to adequately address patient concerns. Assists in handling more complex issues including receiving supervisor calls from patients or making supervisor calls to patients/guarantors regarding their outstanding balances.
- Monitors calls of the Pre Collection team and provides feedback for quality improvements
- Manages and/or maintains the necessary systems/equipment needed to accomplish the job duties of staff within the St. Luke?s Single Business Office (SBO) Coordinates staffing on either one of both of the two Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) systems to minimize call wait times and to maximize outgoing call volumes.
- Handles or assists with training refreshers for assigned Pre Collections staff once initially trained on the practice management software.
- Works with other members of the management team to develop policies and procedures to maximize revenue and limit bad debt within the St. Luke?s Single Business Office (SBO).
Sitting for up to eight hours per day, 3 hours at a time. Continuously fingering and handling for data entry, typing etc., and occasionally twisting and turning.? Uses upper extremities for occasional lifting and carrying of up to 15 lbs.? Frequently stoops, bends, or reaches above should level to retrieves files.? Hearing as it relates to normal conversation and telephone.? Seeing, as it relates to normal conversation and telephone.? Seeing, as it relates to general vision.? Visual monotony when reading reports and reviewing computer screens.EDUCATION:
High School graduate.TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of three years physician business office experience.? Thorough knowledge of payment posting process for all major insurances.? Experience with personal computers and Microsoft Office suite of products is helpful.Please complete your application using your full legal name and?current home address. ?Be sure to?include?employment history for?the past seven (7) years, including your present employer.? Additionally, you are?encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and?licenses, if applicable. ?It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. ?Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...