Telephone Operator, Per Diem, Third Shift, Sacred Heart Campus
Compensation: $48,295.00 - $92,030.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.The Contact Center Representative is responsible for call monitoring, transferring and paging hospital staff or serving as reserve staff to augment call center support activities within St. Luke's Health System. By following good customer service protocol they will forward telephone calls in a fast, efficient and courteous manner and provide general physician paging services as required. Communicates all necessary changes, enhancements and procedures to all necessary department teams.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Places, receives, and routes a high volume of calls through a switchboard.
- Maintains working knowledge of switchboard and staff paging features and functions.
- Promptly answers all inbound and internal calls in professional manner; identifying the hospital and using appropriate salutations.
- Page members of the hospital staff via radio, paging system(s) and/or public address systems.
- Notify required on-call personnel of emergency situations.
- Prepare and communicate shift turn-over documentation; identifying any pending issues, on-going issues or closed issues.
- Covers Emergency Operator Station, monitoring alarms and alerts to provide notification and dispatch services to security and emergency on call teams as required by the given situation.
- Provides base communication support for emergency Coordinator and/or Hospital Supervisor to assist situation command and control.
- Provide overflow operator services to assist Service Improvement department, Infolink and other ancillary hospital departments with call based service assistance.
- Work variable shifts to provide continuous departmental coverage.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting for up to 8 hours per day, 4 hours at a time. Continuously fingering and handling for data entry, typing, etc., and occasional twisting and turning. Uses upper extremities for occasional lifting and carrying of up to 20 pounds of files. Frequently stoops, bends, or reaches above shoulder level to retrieve files. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation and telephones. Seeing as it relates to general vision. Visual monotony when reading reports and reviewing computer screens.
High School diploma or equivalent. Associates and/or Bachelors degree preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years experience in a Call Center is preferred
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...